Our boatyard has a slipway and a 40t Travelhoist, a very large concrete outdoor storage area and large sheds for those requiring indoor storage.
Available trades from our skilled Licenced Independent Contractors include:-
- Master Shipwright in timber, fiberglass and epoxy repairs
- Marine diesel fitter
- Marine Electronics and Electrical
- Steel fabricator and general fitter
- Metered electrical connections are widely available
- Excellent security with CCTV and electronic access control
Stephen Morris, Boat builder
Providing a full range of boatbuilding, repairing and maintenance services on Kilrush marinas boatyard site from an 1800 Sq ft well equipped workshop.
I have 35 years experience building, repairing and maintaining craft from an optimist dinghy to a 120 ft barque.
Works currently underway in the autumn include…
An example of a successful new build launched 3 years ago for Seol Sionna- a locally based group keen to offer people the experience of traditional sailing and learn more about local heritage-the 5 ton gaff cutter Sally o Keeffe, built traditionally from native larch planking on sawn oak frames and bronze and copper fastened
- Extensive (approx. 20th ft both port and stud bottom) glass repairs to a 50 ft passenger vessel after she was driven ashore from her mooring in a gale. This work involved installing 2 new rudder tubes and rudders and propellers. 3 of her 7 watertight compartments were compromised and all this work was monitored and approved by the Irish Department of marine
- Collision repair to foam cored X yacht, area approx 8ft x 4ft, topsides holed right through
- Collision repair to Bowman 57 ft ketch involving a total re-spray of topsides after she was t-boned by a trawler in the port chain plate area
All of these insurance jobs were carried out using epoxy resins in a climate controlled environment
I am excited by the change of ownership of Kilrush marina and look forward to hearing your enquiries
087 7990091 / firstname.lastname@example.org